UPDATED: JUNE 2016
Connecting Your Exchange Account
If you’re having trouble figuring out how to connect your Microsoft Exchange account you’ve come to the right place.
Let’s start with the basics:
What is an “Exchange Account”?
Exchange is Microsoft’s business class email product.
If your organization uses Office 365 for Business, your email is powered by Exchange. Office Home users will not have an exchange account but instead use what is called POP3 or IMAP to control their email.
If you’re pretty sure you don’t have an Exchange account but would like to use the Exchange integration features with attachedapps, you can sign up for one here.
Check Your Email Type in Outlook
If you currently use Outlook, you can check there for your email type and verify whether or not it uses Exchange.
If you are using Outlook 2013, simply open the File menu and you should see your account info on the first screen:
Below your email address is the “Type”. Here you can see that it is indeed an exchange account so I could use it to sign-up for attachedapps.
Connecting your Exchange account to attachedapps
Now that we’ve cleared up what exactly we’re looking for, connecting is very simple.
To connect your attachedapps account to an Exchange account simply go to the Exchange tab in Settings to enable it.
You will need to enter your Exchange Email address and Exchange Password.
Supported Versions of Exchange
attachedapps currently supports Microsoft Exchange 2013, including Office365.
Still having trouble?
If you receive errors upon attempting to turn on your Exchange integration, it could be due to a couple of things:
- I know it sounds obvious, but you'd be surprised how often this happens. A lot of times it's a password issue. Please ensure you are entering the correct password for your Exchange Email account.
- If you are certain that the correct email and password combination have been entered and you still can't connect, please use the Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer to ensure that it's not an issue with the ability to connect to your Exchange service. Here are the steps:
1. Select the Exchange ActivSync Autodiscover option on the Exchange Server tab and click on NEXT
2. Enter the Email address and password where indicated. In the Domain\User Name field just type in the same email address.
3. Enter Verification code
4. Click on Perform Test option at the bottom right hand corner of your screen.
What we're looking for is a result that tells you the connection was successfully established. If this test fails you may need to consult with your IT Professional to determine the cause.
You can always email us at email@example.com for help.