You may have occasions where you end up with duplications in your type lists. If that happens, have no fear. You have the ability to merge items on your list. For example, say you end up with two similar phone types with one being "home phone" and one named "home". You can easily combine these types and update the associated contact records accordingly. Here is how:
- From Settings, go to the Lists/Dropdowns tab.
- Go to the type list containing the items you want to merge.
- From the list, select the item that you want to keep.
- Push the MERGE button to bring up the form that contains all the values on that list.
- Select the value(s) you wish to merge.
- The type list should then update and you should not see the items you selected to merge. All contact records associated with the merged types will be automatically updated.